Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reading History

Who doesn't love reading, honestly? If you don't like to read, well, that's just silly. You should be punished. No, I'm just joking, but I do love to read. I spend most of my time immersed in the text of a good book. There are so many good books out there. Indian Killer and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, written by Sherman Alexie, were the best books I have read so far this year. Indian Killer is highly suspensful and dark while The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is hilarious and comical. I think it only took me three days to read Indian Killer and two days to read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. I couldn't put them down. I highly recommend them for anyone to read.
There aren't very many books that I don't like. Once I start reading something I have to finish it, no matter how bad it is. One of the worst books that I have ever read was The Scarlet Letter. It probably wouldn't have been a bad book if I had been able to understand it. There were too many symbols and hidden meanings, and I often found myself drifting away. I am also very angry at New Moon right now.
My favorite place to read must be in my room, on the bed, curled up in a blankie. It's so cozy and it gives me warm fuzzies.

3 comments:

  1. I love Sherman Alexie. Pretty sure I already said that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have any favorite books that aren't about Indians?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I do, but those are just the ones that I've read this year that I really liked

    ReplyDelete